Saturday, February 21, 2009

Is it summer yet?

I am so tired of the cold weather! Today was sunny, but we went and took a walk on the waterfront in Edmonds and my ears were so cold they were throbbing. I am thankful that we still do have a few more months though otherwise Caiden would just be getting TOO old. I already feel like it was yesterday that I was telling Ryan that I was (surprise!) pregnant.

We had Caiden's 9 month check up at the Dr. last week and things are going very well and he is developing normally (phew)! He was 21 lbs (55th %) and 29 1/2 inches long (85th %). I think he's going to be a basketball player and the Dr. said he was looking to be a "bit taller than Dad." HAHAHAHA...(on a side note, when Ryan and I first started dating he told me he was 6 feet tall. We found that was not the case very quickly when I stood next to him in a pair of heels).

Caiden is quite possibly not only the cutest, but the smartest baby in the world. He now crawls everywhere, pulls himself up, he has just started to master "cruising" where he walks along the furniture, he waves hi and bye-bye, he gives high fives, claps and his newest thing is he points...at everything. It is hilarious. His favorite thing to do is pull himself up on the sliding glass door and point outside and say "da" (it is just a shorter version of "dog").

Here are some fairly recent pics of the little monkey...

Happy as a little clam!
Getting into his toys...there is a lot to choose from!
Poor guy was pretty sick...his first real puke...all over Dad (I spared the details of the puddle on the floor).

His favorite place to hang out is in the kitchen with the straws.

Seriously, what is cuter than a little boy in sunglasses??
So happy!!

Playing with his buddy Jonas

Like two peas in a pod!
All dressed up and ready to go!

2 comments:

The Burrells said...

I am cracking up about that puke picture on Ryan!! How funny! What a sport for staying there to let you take a pic. I don't think Matt would have the patience for that, but something that big you just have to get on camera.

Kalamakis said...

Oh my goodness! That is a lot of puke for such a little guy! He is getting so cute! Can't wait to see you guys again soon. Hope all is well! :)